Wednesday 2 September 2009

Collectively Dancing in a Gang with a Panda

Animal Collective recently played in london, for which I endured a 7 hour and 36 minute journey in the hottest coach known to man down to see them but it was so beyond worth it.
Gang Gang Dance supported and i honestly thought that when Animal Collective came on they wouldnt be able to top them.  Beginning with Vaccum which is one of my favourite tracks and following with house jam amongst others Liz Bougatsos, has a great and mesmorizing stage presence that from the first bang on the drums a shiver went through every essence of me and i knew this would be no ordianary gig.
So when Animal Collective came on, my mind was literally blown starting with Grace and moving to My Girls the synths and echoing and haunting voice of Panda Bear And AV Tar honetly took me to another dimmension.  For any one who missed the gig, missed out on an estorteric wonder.

But the main reason behind this post is not to brag about how amazing the gig was but to brag about a little vinyl which has been warmly welcomed to my collection Panda Bear's "Person Pitch" LP.
Panda Bear being one part of Animal Collective; I was obviously going to like it but this LP is beautiful, quirky and wonderful in ways i never expected.
Standout tracks for me..well its hard to say but the epic 'Bro's' and the equally if not more so epic Good Girl/Carrots which contains a sample of Kraftwerk's "Ananas Symphonie" that weaves beautifully within the track.
I'm afraid reviewing things is not a forte of mine, i'm more of a try it for yourself kind of person so with that said i say pick up this vinyl if you can, its pretty hard to come by in shops but i'm sure is available online.

 
Even the artwork is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment